OK people, if you haven’t seen it already... you didn’t miss much. Here’s the official top secret song and Zumba® choreography for the UK Big Dance Week 2012: Es Tiempo De Bailar. Why did they make this video “unlisted”, I know not. The song is thoroughly boring (at just over four minutes, sounds like eternity to me), the choreography... As Beto didn’t even break a sweat (see, his top is still on), I figure he is dead bored too. Big yawn.
As for MegaMix 29: actually, on the second listening, it’s not as bad as the previous compilation. (Then again, should one even attempt to replicate that?) It is worth keeping for De Una Vez Gozando by Sonora Carruseles alone. Then I really liked the cover of Gabriel Romero’s La Subienda. But the rest?
Merengue El Pollo is one of those patience-testing songs: they really should try and change a chord once in a while. Reggaeton Latino may have been Don Omar’s major hit back in 2005. Now it sounds terribly dated. Frankly, it never was that good in the first place. And, with all respect to Dido, what Thank You has to do with Zumba? (Just checking, I know the answer. Zumba wants to become even more mainstream by catering for those who does not listen to Latin, African or Asian music... basically anything that is not sung in English.)
- Anderlecht Champion (Euro 2000 Olé Olé Olé mix) — Warm Up — by Eurostars
- El Pollo — Merengue — by Amarfis y la Banda de Atakke
- Mete Bronca — Axé — by Ceceu Muniz
- La Subienda — Cumbia *
- Hybrid — Caribbean Hip-Hop — by K-liber4life
- El Party — Merengue House — by Proyecto Uno
- Reggaeton Latino — Reggaeton — by Don Omar
- De Una Vez Gozando — Salsa — by Sonora Carruseles
- The Sign — Pop *
- Thank You — Cool Down *