I know, I know, four o’clock is not an ideal time for a Zumba lesson. But this was only slot available this week. And look, it is still September, so I did a Zumba lesson this month! (As promised to myself.) Plus, I had a chance to test my Block Rocker outdoors.
In company of the hotel’s aqua fitness instructor, I did a little tour around the swimming pool. She did introduce me to the sunbathing hotel guests as “the best Zumba dancer in Corralejo”. Flattering, but true. “The best Zumba instructor on Fuerteventura” is also true. (As would be “the worst Zumba instructor on Fuerteventura”. Being the only Zumba instructor on the island means all these things.) We started with seven people attending! Well, half an hour later we lost four of them (back to their sunloungers I suppose) but three stayed till the end. Of the programme, they liked Dança Da Mãozinha, Tunak Tunak Tun and El Baile del Gorila the best.
Those of my readers who were lucky enough to attend Luisa’s Zumba classes in and around Saffron Walden would notice her influence — just have a look at my song list. I know I screwed (badly) couple of the songs but there was nobody present to tell that.
- Anatomic — Warm-Up — by Afro Celt Sound System
- Las Mujeres Lo Bailan Bien — Merengue
- Con Moviemento — Bachata / Reggaeton
- Aguanile — Salsa
- Dança Da Mãozinha — Axé
- La Batidora — Reggaeton
- Bla Bla Bla — Reggaeton / Cumbia
- Zu Bailaito — Quebradita
- Toul Omry — Salsa / Bellydance
- Tunak Tunak Tun — Bhangra
- El Baile del Gorila — Rumba Flamenca
- Culiquitaca — Merengue — by Toño Rosario
- Quiero Saber — Cool-Down — by Gypsy Kings